Hello, i got some thoughts of my own to share with you guys regarding this topic:
Main goal - Make it as cheap as possible and fit it in 2 days. VERY IMPORTANT
- Bus should arrive to Riga the evening (18:00-23:00) before the first day of the tour, because players have to get a good night sleep before any kind of LAN tournament. (Avoiding traveling on night and playing in the morning is a must). I think first games should start at arround 09:00-10:00 in the morning or so.
- Spectating fee is just ridiculous. Nobody is gonna pay 35 EUR just to watch it. Remove all the food/drinks/cookies/free internet and lan access (leave the toilets ofc.) for spectators. You said it yourself, restaurants and fast food is not so far away from the tour place, so everyone can buy what they want by themselves. Players should absolutely get a free pass on spectating
. As for other people - I think 10 EUR would be fair.
- I think the price of 6 EUR~ is very fair. But you could remove all the "free wifi + tour of the city + specially organised latvian community tours". We are going to a LAN tournament, not to a tour of Riga so we would like to keep it as cheap as possible money AND time wise.
3) ENTRY FEE
- 20-30 EUR is a bit high, but i think we could handle it IF it includes a bus ride from Vilnius/Tallin and back. (Remove all the "incl special card + 10 hours of internet access @ Elikcafe"). Back in 2010 April i did attend to RESF (Riga e-sports festival). Although it was a counter-strike tournament, but it took place in elik internet cafe as well (2 days) and the entry fee was ONLY
5 LVL per person (25 LVL per team) INCLUDING
the bus trip from Vilnius/Tallin and back.
- It isn't fair that a 1st place prize is 600 EUR if 2nd prize is 500 EUR, the gap is too small. In my opinion it should look somewhat like this:
1. 750 EUR
2. 500 EUR
3. 250 EUR
4. 100 EUR
5-8. 50 EUR
9-16. 25 EUR
That's a total of 2000 EUR.
P.S. Had so much to say, I hope I didn't forget anything